Howard Ferstler, Zilch, and the AR-3a.

Howard Ferstler

...I have sought out the reason they are inaccurate and the manner in which they are, how that occurs, and to what extent it conforms with the design intent for their use. From this, we might all come away with a more comprehensive understanding of what AR3a's are about...

which begs the question, why the AR3a?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
which begs the question, why the AR3a?

Because I have pretty much "done" Altecs, Advents, AR4x's, AR2s, and others, and there is more documentation available regarding AR3a's than any of the others.

This "episode" intensified with Speaker Dave's measuring AR2ax's and revealing information which conflicts with prevailing wisdom here on CSP, and others are doing similar. Some apparently believe the optimum resolution would be for the facts to remain indeterminate and for those who are interested in them to go away.

The irony is that CSP prides itself on its reputation as an information resource....

Footnote: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227023

Because I have pretty much "done" Altecs, Advents, AR4x's, AR2s, and others, and there is more documentation available regarding AR3a's than any of the others.

I'm sure it's fun and intersting for you to measure your 3a's. But you come across like the world is going to finally have a revelation now that you have measured them. And we should all be thankful you take the time and effort to put your unique skills to work on the 3a.

You have tons of knowledge to share with folks here and elsewhere - especially on JBL. I commend you for that. You helped me a great deal with my L36's.

But a little humility would be good when it comes to what you can add to the mighty 3a after 40 years of legends in the field analyzing them.

But a little humility would be good when it comes to what you can add to the mighty 3a after 40 years of legends in the field analyzing them.

Who, Shacky, please tell me WHO, and where this information may be found.

Toole, who you say is full of whit also, without ever reading his work?

I certainly look forward to reviewing Atkinson's findings on your very own pair.... :blink:

Who, Shacky, please tell me WHO, and where this information may be found.

Toole, who you say is full of whit also, without ever reading his work?

I certainly look forward to reviewing Atkinson's findings on your very own pair.... :blink:

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said diddly about Toole. Only your incessant references to him.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said diddly about Toole. Only your incessant references to him.

The scent of romance is in the air. Will you guys please get a room? You are starting to sound like my grandparents, and they kept this kind of banter up for 50 years!

-k

You can bloviate here to any extent you want, and there is no way to take you to task, or call you out as a real person, because you hide behind a sockpuppet. At least you could have picked a name with more substance than "zilch."

My predecessor ID was "Feckwit," but one important site deemed it a bad word, so I changed it to something more esoteric.

Saw this the other day, and immediately thought of this thread; not sure it's allowed in The Kitchen, but if not, it's been fun.... :blink:

post-102716-1241300887.jpg

Karma Indignia? What kind of pseudo-intellectual and very presumptious name is that? Why is it that tweako-style speakers have to have such goofy names? Hey, forgive me. It might work just fine. No doubt many Dayton products are well made. How about some info about the crossover network, driver sizes, etc.

It's a long story, Howard, with nearly 1000 posts in 62 pages and over 40,000 views thus far. Just another one of my little projects:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160535

When you sign up to see it, tell 'em Zilch sent ya.... :blink:

I never said I didn't like classical or jazz.

Like what my system is, it's irrelevant as to the matters under discussion, is all.

But if it'll help you to "connect," Patricia Barber is a current favorite here at ZilchLab.

The Cole Porter Mix is playing right now, in fact, on a pair of Karma Indignias.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_...amp;safe=images

[Call him "Credentialed...." :blink: ]

\

Listen closely to Chris Potter - Barbar's guest soloist on "In the Still of the Night". A sax jax jazz giant of the future!

In addition, you have claimed to have posted a lot both here and elsewhere, and in the comment above about one outlet you indicate 62 pages and 1000 posts, which is still just a fraction of the 20,000+ total you have mentioned before as an internet total. All of this with a dial-up connection. Impressive, if only because it indicates that you must sit at your terminal nearly 24/7, with only occasional trips to the bathroom and microwave.

It's quite amazing that I get all that work done, too, isn't it? :D

However, how is it that a guy with so much technical background and technical knowledge, as well as enough money to build a system (and you said this in another thread a short while back) or systems that surpass my rig (which I have posted photos of in various threads several times, although you still have not), cannot manage to come up with the funds to obtain a faster internet connection than the humble dial up?

Call me "Zilch the Frugal." B)

Did you not find Karma Indignias sufficiently well documented, Howard?

How is it my answering your question with a link to something you're not going to look at should serve solely, if not primarily, as basis for your spewing yet more gratuitous innuendo?

Afraid to discover that I might have credibility, are you? :blink:

Zilch, if you had credibility you would be working for a legitimate audio or audio/video magazine, or cranking out a book or two like me and even Toole.

Like you, I am retired, Howard, but my desire and will to learn remains intact.... :)

Archived