WTB: Transformer

JKent

On the off chance that one of you hobbyists may have such a thing, I'm looking for a transformer for a tube radio. Here are the specs:

Primary:

120 VAC, 65-to-100 VA load

Secondary:

#1 winding: 120 VAC @ 150 mA

#2 winding: 6.3 VAC @ 2 A

#3 winding: 6.3 VAC @ 2 A

It's that third secondary winding that's giving me a problem. Anyone have something like this you would be willing to sell?

thanks

Kent

• 1 month later...
Guest jpk_1
On the off chance that one of you hobbyists may have such a thing, I'm looking for a transformer for a tube radio. Here are the specs:

Primary:

120 VAC, 65-to-100 VA load

Secondary:

#1 winding: 120 VAC @ 150 mA

#2 winding: 6.3 VAC @ 2 A

#3 winding: 6.3 VAC @ 2 A

It's that third secondary winding that's giving me a problem. Anyone have something like this you would be willing to sell?

thanks

Kent

Have you found one of these yet? If not I can go through my transformers and see. I'm thinking winding #1 might be more challenging from my experience?

JK

Have you found one of these yet? If not I can go through my transformers and see. I'm thinking winding #1 might be more challenging from my experience?

JK

Hi JK

No--I have not found one. If you don't mind looking that would be great!

Thanks!

Kent

Guest jpk_1
Hi JK

No--I have not found one. If you don't mind looking that would be great!

Thanks!

Kent

Hi Kent,

I looked through my stockpile of transformers, unfortunately no luck. That seems to be a bit of an odd one?

I did have an idea, can you use two transformers? One for B+ and one for the fils? I did a preamp like this a few years back.

Joe

Hi Kent,

I looked through my stockpile of transformers, unfortunately no luck. That seems to be a bit of an odd one?

I did have an idea, can you use two transformers? One for B+ and one for the fils? I did a preamp like this a few years back.

Joe

Hey Joe

Thanks for checking. I "could" use 2 xformers but the problems are

1. Space and

2. appearance

If you look at my repair guide here, page 7, you'll see the power xformer:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...lh_model_eight/

Kind of tight in there, and the original has a distinctive look. I'll keep looking, although it does not look that promising :lol:

Thanks again for the effort

Kent

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jpk_1
Hey Joe

Thanks for checking. I "could" use 2 xformers but the problems are

1. Space and

2. appearance

If you look at my repair guide here, page 7, you'll see the power xformer:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...lh_model_eight/

Kind of tight in there, and the original has a distinctive look. I'll keep looking, although it does not look that promising ;)

Thanks again for the effort

Kent

Hi Kent,

That’s a real nice write-up on your restoration! That Eight looks like new!

Is it cost prohibitive to have the xformer rewound? What about rewinding it yourself? A lot of older transformers do have loose laminations, making it easier.

Just a thought.

Joe

Hi Kent,

That’s a real nice write-up on your restoration! That Eight looks like new!

Is it cost prohibitive to have the xformer rewound? What about rewinding it yourself? A lot of older transformers do have loose laminations, making it easier.

Just a thought.

Joe

Thanks for the compliment Joe

Unfortunately, I don't have an original transformer in the radio in question. Someone replaced it with an incorrect replacement ;) . But thanks for the suggestion

Kent

Archived