AVID 230

immjag

I began to appreciate AVID's after recently finding a pair of 102's for $15. All I can say is that I love the way they can spook me with their imagery!

They're hooked up to a MAC-1900 and they've caught me off guard several times when a female begins to speak or sing, just love that!

I also recently bought a set of 230's in good shape but missing the original LF drivers. I'm assuming the same driver fit several of their different models. Are any of you out there willing to part with a pair?

post-102767-1231854404.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dario54
I began to appreciate AVID's after recently finding a pair of 102's for $15. All I can say is that I love the way they can spook me with their imagery!

They're hooked up to a MAC-1900 and they've caught me off guard several times when a female begins to speak or sing, just love that!

I also recently bought a set of 230's in good shape but missing the original LF drivers. I'm assuming the same driver fit several of their different models. Are any of you out there willing to part with a pair?

From the pictures you posted, seems that the drivers are the same as the 330 model, only the cabinet is shorter being the crossover between the woofer and the mid range in the 330 instead of vertical positioned.

Never saw these drivers on ebay, even if sometimes tweeters and mids are offered.

Good luck and keep us informed about your findings.

Dario

• 2 years later...

I bought a driver from a 232 orphan and it is identical except the woofer magnet is only 1/2" thick vs. 3/4" on the 230's. They both read about 25 ohms. Would this make a suitable replacement? Does anybody have the specs. on the 232? It has a nice big dome midrange, a step up from the 230's mid cone.

Bummer i just saw this today, i saw an orphan 230 at the goodwill near my house (chicago burbs) in awesome condition this weekend, though the woofer needed to be refoamed. I did not pick it up because i am not sure what i would do w/ an orphan, but i bet the wolfer would have worked for you if you were up for a refoam.

Archived