Bose 901 VI disassembly

Guest gabe

Hi all, new here. I have a few pairs of 901 series sixes that I would like to redo the cabinet top and bottoms in black to better match the rest of my system. I have the drivers out of three of the cabinets ( well, eight out of nine drivers anyway ) and I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the front grills off, as well as how to remove the top and bottoms for refinnishing.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out how to get the cabinets apart. Thanks to all that replied. I am now thinking about building IB cabinets for the drivers and using them as such for my LCR channels. Does anyone know where I could find the TS parameters for series six drivers?

I figured out how to get the cabinets apart. Thanks to all that replied. I am now thinking about building IB cabinets for the drivers and using them as such for my LCR channels. Does anyone know where I could find the TS parameters for series six drivers?

I don't know the Series VI paramters, but I do have that information for the earlier, sealed-cabinet versions (1st and Series II).

--Tom Tyson

Fig. 1 4-inch raw (CTS) driver for Bose 901-II

Fig. 2 Voice-coil detail

Fig. 3 Parameters (partial)

Archived