MY "Listening" Room

Mexicomike

Thought I'd post a pic of my "listening room" now that it looks almost decent. AR LSTs in the corners. Hard to see but McIntosh 70270 power amp (270wpc) is in the lower far left of the console. McIntosh C34 Preamp and MCD 7009 CD player in the center of the console. AR TT on top. Sounds great and new vinyl releases from Elusive Disc are REALLY impressive. Feed from computer/Itunes is into the "tuner" input on the amp so I can go from really convenient audio to really good sounding audio without too much trouble. The room is actually too small for the LSTs but they sound fantastic.

The AR amp and AR3a combo that used to be in this room is now the sound system for the TV/DVD player in a different room.

DSC_6717.jpg

"Hard to see but McIntosh 70270 power amp (270wpc) is in the lower far left of the console. "

Uh...I meant my OTHER left!

The lower far RIGHT of the console.

looks real good Mike. i wonder if you could swing putting the LST's along a long wall? it would put you in more of a nearfield listening position, but it would probably improve soundstage and imaging.

Actually, I could though they would be pretty close, only 5-6 feet away. I might try it to see how it sounds. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rearranged the room as per pic below. Soundstage is even better now. This placement was poor with the 3As (too wide for the listening distance) but works great for the LSTs.

Thanks!

DSC_6728.jpg

Guest PhoenixRising

Very nice setup you have there. I'm drooling over the LST's as I type...

What's the story on those stands? Do they light up internally or is that just the light reflecting off them?

No, not a reflection, the stands do light up internally. They are made of little squares of alabaster and there are shops here in mexico city that can make it up into virtually anything you want, including round balls as well as tables, columns, whatever. We just took some measurements and went down and had them made. Both stands with the internal lighting came to around $350. I have the internal lights connected to one of the switched outlets on the Mc C34 so that the lights come on when the preamp is turned on.

Archived