Pair of AR3A's, AR7's and an AR amplifier for sale

Guest Rudyblue

Guest Rudyblue

I have a pair of AR3a's, a pair of AR7's and an AR amplifier for sale. The amplifier keeps blowing the 4amp fuse so I'm certain it needs some attention. Both sets of speakers work fine except for 1 of the AR3a's tweeters sound is more faint than the other. I live just north of Indianapolis, IN. I know what I have I'm just trying to clean house a bit. Let me know what you think, thanks for your time.

Guest Rudyblue
I think people who sign up for hobbyist Forums and their first post out of the gate is a classified ad should be banned. ESPECIALLY when the practice is allowed at NO CHARGE.

That's what I think.

Craig

I think you're right. My apologies.

I think people who sign up for hobbyist Forums and their first post out of the gate is a classified ad should be banned. ESPECIALLY when the practice is allowed at NO CHARGE.

That's what I think.

Craig

I think Mark is perfectly capable of deciding for himself what we who use his website and forums should and should not be allowed to do in them.

Not what I said pal.

Since Mark is the only person who can ban anyone here and hasn't seen fit to come down and ban this first time poster for putting up a classified ad, perhaps you can explain how posting the opinion that he "should be banned" is not trying to tell Mark how he should run his own site.

Since Mark is the only person who can ban anyone here and hasn't seen fit to come down and ban this first time poster for putting up a classified ad, perhaps you can explain how posting the opinion that he "should be banned" is not trying to tell Mark how he should run his own site.

Hi there;

I have written here previously about zero posters displaying an ad for their goods.

I was certain that this was, a short-cut, instead of using a commissioned charging service such as eBay.

No one else seemed to say, yay or nay, so I let that commentary ride until now.

My points still stand.

I have very little to do with this site anymore and this is not because of these ads.

The ads should have a price or range at a minimum.

Stop the behind the scenes seller/buyer emails, have them posted as well in the ad listing.

This web site has been greatly improved since I arrived here a few years ago and sets a very high quality standard.

I do feel that when an ad is of non-personal equipment, obviously just for profit sale, then perhaps there should be some financial support donated to the web site after or before a sale is listed, preferably before.

Of course I feel that only brands supported by this web site should be listed, but that is not carved in stone.

Perhaps some written standard will be arrived at in the future.

Vern

Guest Rudyblue

Geeeez, I did not expect to get anyone upset. I posted this AR equipment here and nowhere else because I wanted it to go into the hands of those that would appreciate it and hopefully give it a new life. Now, with that said....

AR3's - $200 and I'll ship anywhere, $100 you can come pick them up

AR7's- $100 and I'll ship anywhere, $50 you can come pick them up

AR amplifier- $200 and I'll ship anywhere, $100 you can pick it up

I am open to offers as well...

Guest rbrumett
Geeeez, I did not expect to get anyone upset. I posted this AR equipment here and nowhere else because I wanted it to go into the hands of those that would appreciate it and hopefully give it a new life. Now, with that said....

AR3's - $200 and I'll ship anywhere, $100 you can come pick them up

AR7's- $100 and I'll ship anywhere, $50 you can come pick them up

AR amplifier- $200 and I'll ship anywhere, $100 you can pick it up

I am open to offers as well...

I believe you posted this equipment correctly-thanks. Where are you located?

I have written here previously about zero posters displaying an ad for their goods.

I was certain that this was, a short-cut, instead of using a commissioned charging service such as eBay.

Why is it a "short-cut" to use a free forum instead of a paid service? Isn't that why the forum is there? If not for the fact that there are no more real audio salons, my first place to post audio for sale would still be the bulletin board at my local place of business (also free).

You certainly take a risk making a deal online with someone who has no posting history, but that's the case with anything other than an in-person deal where cash is exchanged for merchandise on the spot. I'm not sure why anybody should feel any better sending me a $200 check just because I've posted here x number of times. It's not as if anyone here really knows me any better for it.

Hi there;

No one else seemed to say, yay or nay, so I let that commentary ride until now.

My points still stand.

I have very little to do with this site anymore and this is not because of these ads.

The ads should have a price or range at a minimum.

Stop the behind the scenes seller/buyer emails, have them posted as well in the ad listing.

This web site has been greatly improved since I arrived here a few years ago and sets a very high quality standard.

I do feel that when an ad is of non-personal equipment, obviously just for profit sale, then perhaps there should be some financial support donated to the web site after or before a sale is listed, preferably before.

Of course I feel that only brands supported by this web site should be listed, but that is not carved in stone.

Perhaps some written standard will be arrived at in the future.

Vern

Thank you, for being a "big picture" guy. I appreciate the intelligence, as well as the fact that you take EVERYONE'S interests into consideration before you speak.

Regards,

Craig

Why is it a "short-cut" to use a free forum instead of a paid service? Isn't that why the forum is there? If not for the fact that there are no more real audio salons, my first place to post audio for sale would still be the bulletin board at my local place of business (also free).

You certainly take a risk making a deal online with someone who has no posting history, but that's the case with anything other than an in-person deal where cash is exchanged for merchandise on the spot. I'm not sure why anybody should feel any better sending me a $200 check just because I've posted here x number of times. It's not as if anyone here really knows me any better for it.

"FREE"?

"FREE"?

Yes, "free." There is no fee for membership, no fee for posting, no fee charged if a posted item sells. Not sure which dictionary you're working from, but that fits any definition of "free" that I can think of.

The only rules specified by the administrator are to be on-topic (which IMO covers Vern's view on only posts related to the brands this site is targeted at) and no links to auctions. If you think you have an arguement that the OP violated one of these, I believe rule 10 covers emailing the administrator about that.

I'm going to bow out now before I risk violating rule 9 (no flame wars). Have a nice day.

At times it is painfully difficult to refrain from responding to criminal stupidity and self-centeredness with regard to internet forum dealings and some of the folks you encounter there. Indicative of the times we live in, I guess. : - (

It's like yelling at the television.

Craig

Archived