ar-3t, ar-3st schematics

genek

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rodtorge
Anybody got 'em?

I have a pair of 3 t's used everyday in front of my computer! (really 2 pairs as there are 2 enclosures one for the woofer, the other for the mr & tweeter) What info. do you need ? I do not have any manual on them, only some instructions slightly mutilated by time on connections in the back of the woofer.

I have a pair of 3 t's used everyday in front of my computer! (really 2 pairs as there are 2 enclosures one for the woofer, the other for the mr & tweeter) What info. do you need ? I do not have any manual on them, only some instructions slightly mutilated by time on connections in the back of the woofer.

I was looking for some confirmation of my assumption that the t's contain crossovers that take over from the woofer cabinet's, and that the terminals that feed to the woofer are just the same lines that would go to a woofer in a 3-way cabinet. I don't think the hookup instructions will do that and I probably would need to see either a wiring diagram or a photo of the inside.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rodtorge
I was looking for some confirmation of my assumption that the t's contain crossovers that take over from the woofer cabinet's, and that the terminals that feed to the woofer are just the same lines that would go to a woofer in a 3-way cabinet. I don't think the hookup instructions will do that and I probably would need to see either a wiring diagram or a photo of the inside.

sorry, unable to take photos as they are sealed. Good luck!

I have an AR 3st.

From the input there is a 2x2uF capacitor in series (the two sections are parallelled giving 4uF, then there is a potentiometer to ground with the wiper connected to the dome tweeter.

Also from the input there is a coil (which I measured at 0.04mH, but that is a pretty unreliable measurment and must be verified).The other end of the coil is connected to the output to the AR3 or AR2 speaker.

Hope this helps.

I have an AR 3st.

From the input there is a 2x2uF capacitor in series (the two sections are parallelled giving 4uF, then there is a potentiometer to ground with the wiper connected to the dome tweeter.

Also from the input there is a coil (which I measured at 0.04mH, but that is a pretty unreliable measurment and must be verified).The other end of the coil is connected to the output to the AR3 or AR2 speaker.

That sounds like what I'd expect to see (the high/tweeter portion of the AR3 crossover). Thanks.

Archived