Model 6 score, newbie question

Guest ryansdad

Guest ryansdad

Hi gang. First post. Great site!

I've been wanting to get into two-channel audio, and I thought vintage gear would be a great place to get started. I already have a classic Pioneer SX receiver from when I was a kid, and I grew up with my dad's KLH bookshelfs. So I went to Craigslist in search of vintage KLH. I scored on my first attempt. I found some woman moving her 80-some year old father into an assisted living apartment. He had some model 6 that he bought new in the 60s. They are in absolute mint condition, even down to the grilles. They look like they probably did out of the box new. Best of all, they have removable grilles and drivers. Good thing, because the caps need replacing in one of them. Already ordered them from Madisound, thanks to the good advice I read about here.

So my question: I pulled the KLH emblem off the grill because it was mounted horizontally. I plan to sit these bad boys upright, just like Henry says in the instruction manual. So what would you use to re-glue the emblem to these mint-condition grilles?

Hi gang. First post. Great site!

I've been wanting to get into two-channel audio, and I thought vintage gear would be a great place to get started. I already have a classic Pioneer SX receiver from when I was a kid, and I grew up with my dad's KLH bookshelfs. So I went to Craigslist in search of vintage KLH. I scored on my first attempt. I found some woman moving her 80-some year old father into an assisted living apartment. He had some model 6 that he bought new in the 60s. They are in absolute mint condition, even down to the grilles. They look like they probably did out of the box new. Best of all, they have removable grilles and drivers. Good thing, because the caps need replacing in one of them. Already ordered them from Madisound, thanks to the good advice I read about here.

So my question: I pulled the KLH emblem off the grill because it was mounted horizontally. I plan to sit these bad boys upright, just like Henry says in the instruction manual. So what would you use to re-glue the emblem to these mint-condition grilles?

Welcome!

Alene's Tacky Glue

Kent

Archived