New person here...

Guest ufop

help...! I am not computer savy what so ever...how do u use this forum if u want to ask questions about ar speakers...i only knew about ar3a's and maybe one other small floor standing unit (it just had an 8" woofer and a small tweeter) ... i had no idea there were so many other ar spkrs although i did own 1 of their turntables long ago...i am hoping to purchase some ar-5's very shortley and will need to have some work done on them...so much to learn about them...like their frequency response...how they stack up against other ar units etc...thx much...jeff in smoggy nj...how do i get this up where it needs to go...how do i respond to others...what in the world does it mean to enable emoticons and signatures...i am completely lost on how to use this forum.

help...! I am not computer savy what so ever...how do u use this forum if u want to ask questions about ar speakers...i only knew about ar3a's and maybe one other small floor standing unit (it just had an 8" woofer and a small tweeter) ... i had no idea there were so many other ar spkrs although i did own 1 of their turntables long ago...i am hoping to purchase some ar-5's very shortley and will need to have some work done on them...so much to learn about them...like their frequency response...how they stack up against other ar units etc...thx much...jeff in smoggy nj...how do i get this up where it needs to go...how do i respond to others...what in the world does it mean to enable emoticons and signatures...i am completely lost on how to use this forum.

Welcome Jeff

Whadya mean smoggy? Up here in NW NJ it's nice n clear ;)

That was an emoticon and it probably is enabled but makes no difference--they are just to play with.

If you go to the main page, marked Discussion Forums, you will find sections for all the speakers discussed here. The first section is AR and that is where you want to post. You posted under News. Look a couple of lines down for Acoustic Research. Click that and you will see all the topics, starting with the most recent. Click on a topic (also called a thread) to see all the posts (sometimes the list of posts is compacted at the bottom, so you have to click it to expand it).

While you are at it, take a look at the top of the AR section. Download and peruse the AR3a Restoration booklet. It is excellent and informative and much will be applicable to your 5s.

According to people whom I respect, the 5s are super nice and rival the 3a as the "best" AR speakers.

To respond to others, click the respond button on the bottom of the post.

Try posting under AR and see what happens.

Good luck

Kent (also in NJ)

Welcome Jeff

Whadya mean smoggy? Up here in NW NJ it's nice n clear ;)

That was an emoticon and it probably is enabled but makes no difference--they are just to play with.

If you go to the main page, marked Discussion Forums, you will find sections for all the speakers discussed here. The first section is AR and that is where you want to post. You posted under News. Look a couple of lines down for Acoustic Research. Click that and you will see all the topics, starting with the most recent. Click on a topic (also called a thread) to see all the posts (sometimes the list of posts is compacted at the bottom, so you have to click it to expand it).

While you are at it, take a look at the top of the AR section. Download and peruse the AR3a Restoration booklet. It is excellent and informative and much will be applicable to your 5s.

According to people whom I respect, the 5s are super nice and rival the 3a as the "best" AR speakers.

To respond to others, click the respond button on the bottom of the post.

Try posting under AR and see what happens.

Good luck

Kent (also in NJ)

Hi Kent:

Omg...i could not get into this site tonight....took me 9 trys or so b 4 i could get in...so frustrating...i could not even use the help section because if u r not logged in...u can't get to the help section...anyway...jocrosby39@yahoo if we have any further problems...i think i want to make the jump to ar3's...i have find out the difference between the 3's and the 3a's now...there is a guy right here in bridgewater who may sell me his 3's for a nice price...i want to listen to them naturally b 4 i purchase...one of the tweeters is slightly indented so i may wish to replace...but i know so little 'bout the ar's as a whole construction wise...have always had boston acoustics..(talk about foam rot...i have 3 sets and all 3 sets have gone bad and they r not anywhere near as old as most ar's out there...take care...i am 51 and i have the entire pioneer line from the early 70s (all tuners, amps & receivers...also have heathkits first solid state tuner and amp in both the woodgrain and vinyl, some early 70s technics,yamaha and NAD...and last but not least a teac reel to reel that records all 4 tracks in the same direction...take care.

Sincerely Jeff in Bridgewater, NJ

PS...I need to reset my pass now that i am in here...can i use that long temp number they gave me more than once..?

Archived