Pricing AR-90s

Guest daveIT

Guest daveIT

I have a pair of AR-90s that my dad gave me several years ago. I'm in the military and I've dragged them around the world from Pennsylvania to Colorado to Italy to Alaska and I'm thinking of getting rid of them. I haven't used them since 97 when the old Kenwood amp I used to drive them gave up the ghost. There was a time when I enjoyed loud music, but that's passed.

Of course the woofer surrounds are gone, but everything else is near perfect (great wood, slight run in fabric of one of the grills (...stupid cat), original boxes, manuals, etc) I'm wondering what I could ask for them as is.

Or should I get them fixed up/tuned and then sell them? What are they going for in great shape?

Being in Alaska I can't really ship them but I'll be moving back to the Lower 48 next summer so I might just hold onto them until then.

I've checked eBay and done a quick search but don't see any currently listed.

I have a pair of AR-90s that my dad gave me several years ago. I'm in the military and I've dragged them around the world from Pennsylvania to Colorado to Italy to Alaska and I'm thinking of getting rid of them. I haven't used them since 97 when the old Kenwood amp I used to drive them gave up the ghost. There was a time when I enjoyed loud music, but that's passed.

Of course the woofer surrounds are gone, but everything else is near perfect (great wood, slight run in fabric of one of the grills (...stupid cat), original boxes, manuals, etc) I'm wondering what I could ask for them as is.

Or should I get them fixed up/tuned and then sell them? What are they going for in great shape?

Being in Alaska I can't really ship them but I'll be moving back to the Lower 48 next summer so I might just hold onto them until then.

I've checked eBay and done a quick search but don't see any currently listed.

The main issue seems to be shipping costs. If you're in no hurry, replace the surrounds and have the crossovers rebuilt with new caps... You might decide to keep the speakers, or simply make selling them easier.

Archived