Wanted: KLH logo plates (Model 20)

JKent

The sheet metal black & silver stick-on kind. They were used on a lot of the KLH speakers. Anyone have a spare pair?

Thanks

Kent

The sheet metal black & silver stick-on kind. They were used on a lot of the KLH speakers. Anyone have a spare pair?

Thanks

Kent

Hi Kent,

What size? see pic...The large ones are 2 1/4"x 1" and the small ones are 1 3/4"x3/4"

Roy

post-101150-1209693388.jpg

Hi Roy

To tell the truth I'm not sure. I "think" it's the larger size. I have the cast ones for my KLH Twelves and Fives, and they are 2 1/4 x 1. I also have a pair of stick-ons for my Seventeens (although I'm told some Seventeens used the cast ones). The Twenty cabinets are the same size as the Seventeens, so I "assume" they also take the larger plate.

If you have a pair to get rid of, I'm not that fussy about the size. In fact, now that I look at the ad, I wonder if they originally HAD logo plates :blink:

Kent

Hi Roy

To tell the truth I'm not sure. I "think" it's the larger size. I have the cast ones for my KLH Twelves and Fives, and they are 2 1/4 x 1. I also have a pair of stick-ons for my Seventeens (although I'm told some Seventeens used the cast ones). The Twenty cabinets are the same size as the Seventeens, so I "assume" they also take the larger plate.

If you have a pair to get rid of, I'm not that fussy about the size. In fact, now that I look at the ad, I wonder if they originally HAD logo plates :blink:

Kent

All the model Twenty speakers I've seen did not have the logo, but can understand why you might want them. The larger size logo plate would be the size to get.

KLH changed to the glue on tags in about 1968.....the advantage to the cast screw on type is that they can be rotated if you lay the cabinet on it's side. I myself like these because they are more three dimentional- thicker.

Every time a logo topic comes up I have a flashback to the early 1980's before I was into KLH...... I came across a oversized display version of the logo at a flea market made of metal about 2 feet x 3 feet in size......yes, a giant logo !. Must have been a store display ?

The seller wa asking something like $6 or $8 It would bring a lot more today !

Andy

KENT, I HAD A PAIR OF 17'S WE BOUGHT NEW IN 1968 AND THEY HAD THE SCREW IN CAST TYPE, WEREN'T THE SMALL STICK ONS JUST FOR THE 8 INCH WOOFER MODELS? I'VE GOT SPARES OF ALL OF THE TYPES BOTH STICK ON AND CAST/SCREW IN, ROB

OK. We'll talk!

Kent

Archived