Among my AR collection : AR-4x

Guest dannyblue

Guest dannyblue

I remember when I was a teenager a way back in 1975, drooling over AR-4x's through the window at the hifi shop, somewhere in downtown, Seoul, Korea.

I really loved its look with original beige linen grill and sound of smooth and mellow tone with tight bass.

After all those 30 years, I happened to find mint AR-4x's in Ebay. The seller described they never were taken out of the box except taking out for photos.

When I received and took out of the original cartons, I was so surprised to see they looked like they just came out of the box along with all the paper stuffs and even felt pads. And I think I was lucky to have these in such a nice condtion paying $120.00 for a pair.

Needless to say, its sound is amazing. It deifes descriptin.

I like to feed them with Kenwood kr-6200 ( some audio critic commented it would match best with AR speakers, especially with AR-2ax ).

I love all kinf of music, and AR-4x is truely a speaker which can make any music lover sleepless for so many nights.

post-101446-1209501977.jpg

I remember when I was a teenager a way back in 1975, drooling over AR-4x's through the window at the hifi shop, somewhere in downtown, Seoul, Korea.

I really loved its look with original beige linen grill and sound of smooth and mellow tone with tight bass.

After all those 30 years, I happened to find mint AR-4x's in Ebay. The seller described they never were taken out of the box except taking out for photos.

When I received and took out of the original cartons, I was so surprised to see they looked like they just came out of the box along with all the paper stuffs and even felt pads. And I think I was lucky to have these in such a nice condtion paying $120.00 for a pair.

Needless to say, its sound is amazing. It deifes descriptin.

I like to feed them with Kenwood kr-6200 ( some audio critic commented it would match best with AR speakers, especially with AR-2ax ).

I love all kinf of music, and AR-4x is truely a speaker which can make any music lover sleepless for so many nights.

I saw those on Ebay....you did well for the $120.00...

I almost bid on them, but thought better of it (my wife is about to choke me, if I bring any more speakers home) :blink:

I have 2 pair of the 4x's and with a little TLC, they look and sound wonderful. Enjoy...

Guest dannyblue
I saw those on Ebay....you did well for the $120.00...

I almost bid on them, but thought better of it (my wife is about to choke me, if I bring any more speakers home) :blink:

I have 2 pair of the 4x's and with a little TLC, they look and sound wonderful. Enjoy...

Thanks for replying my thread.

Actually these AR-4s were acquired on August, 2005.

I hope you enjoy music with your AR-4x's, too.

Note: correction for misspelled words on my thread as follows;

descriptin - description

deifes - defies

Sorry for my English ( English is my second language ).

Archived