AR9LS Upgrade To AR9LSi

Guest John Gisslen

Guest John Gisslen

I Recently purchase a pair of AR9LS speakers for $400.00, and have brought all 6 low and low mid drivers in for refoaming. Does anyone know the difference between the LS and the LSi ? I'm pretty sure it's just a crossover mod, and maybe inverting the polarity of the tweeter????? I am clueless and would appreciate any knowledge on this topic. Thank you all in advance ! ! ! John

Guest bocoogto

Yes, it is just a crossover mod. If I remember correctly, two resistors and a capacitor change. It sure does take the edginess off the midrange and make them sound like big AR3a's. It's hard to believe AR got this wrong and built so many speakers before fixing the problem. It caused the reputation of the AR9LS to be less than stellar.

Follow the schematics posted on this site for AR9LS vs. AR9LSi.

I Recently purchase a pair of AR9LS speakers for $400.00, and have brought all 6 low and low mid drivers in for refoaming. Does anyone know the difference between the LS and the LSi ? I'm pretty sure it's just a crossover mod, and maybe inverting the polarity of the tweeter????? I am clueless and would appreciate any knowledge on this topic. Thank you all in advance ! ! ! John

Sorry - It took a while for me to find it. I've never seen an AR9LSi, just the LS. I assume the following is correct.

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Boar...ost&p=71983

Archived