The Smaller Advent

Jess

Just picked up a pair of the "smaller" Advent from the GW. Surrounds are shot while the cabs need some work and the grill cloth replaced. These sport the green tweeters. Missing are the badges. I am looking forward to refurbishing my new acquisition but here are my questions:

1. Recommendation sources for new surrounds?

2. Are badges available (ebay or other sources?)

3. Should recapping be a no brainer as part of the refurb?

4. These are 4ohm ratied. Any caution on running these with my vintage Pioneer receivers?

I will post the "before and after" when I get them done as well as my take on their sound.

Thanks.

Jess

Guest SpruceMoose

"re-edger" at audiokarma sells surrounds very cheap. i did my last pair of smaller advents with his surrounds.

badges are available on the 'bay at times. i ended up with a few and put them on my double advents and center channel.

i would try it with the original caps and see how they sound. its easy enough to pop the woofer back out and replace them later.

they should be fine with an old pioneer.

Guest thewolf
Just picked up a pair of the "smaller" Advent from the GW. Surrounds are shot while the cabs need some work and the grill cloth replaced. These sport the green tweeters. Missing are the badges. I am looking forward to refurbishing my new acquisition but here are my questions:

1. Recommendation sources for new surrounds?

2. Are badges available (ebay or other sources?)

3. Should recapping be a no brainer as part of the refurb?

4. These are 4ohm ratied. Any caution on running these with my vintage Pioneer receivers?

I will post the "before and after" when I get them done as well as my take on their sound.

Thanks.

Jess

This can help you for the badges (i hope)

http://cgi.ebay.it/5-Advent-grills-with-ro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived