Model Twenty Four (24) Speakers?

Wuchak

Hi Folks,

Thanks to the great advice I received on this forum last year I have been enjoying my Smaller Advent garage sale speakers that I refoamed. I'm using them on my desk with a Sonic Impact T-Amp. Today in a local store I saw a nice looking pair of KLH Tweny Fours that are in nice condition. They have been there for about a year at $50 so I'm thinking I could get them for $40. I was thinking of stacking these with the Smaller Advents and driving them with a second Sonic Impact. There is no info on the 24's in the library. Any thought on these? Are they worth $40? Would they work ok in a stacked setup or am I unlikely to gain anything over the Smaller Advents?

Thanks,

Wuchak

Hi Folks,

Thanks to the great advice I received on this forum last year I have been enjoying my Smaller Advent garage sale speakers that I refoamed. I'm using them on my desk with a Sonic Impact T-Amp. Today in a local store I saw a nice looking pair of KLH Tweny Fours that are in nice condition. They have been there for about a year at $50 so I'm thinking I could get them for $40. I was thinking of stacking these with the Smaller Advents and driving them with a second Sonic Impact. There is no info on the 24's in the library. Any thought on these? Are they worth $40? Would they work ok in a stacked setup or am I unlikely to gain anything over the Smaller Advents?

Thanks,

Wuchak

I've always thought the 24 was a nice smaller speaker, nice overall sound and tough as nails. the 24 with an rca plug was what came with the M 24 phono and the 24 II had screw terminals and was sold to use with your own receiver.

If this pair is in nice condition, $40. is okay, but wouldn't go higher then that...you do see them often on ebay.

Andy

I've always thought the 24 was a nice smaller speaker, nice overall sound and tough as nails. the 24 with an rca plug was what came with the M 24 phono and the 24 II had screw terminals and was sold to use with your own receiver.

If this pair is in nice condition, $40. is okay, but wouldn't go higher then that...you do see them often on ebay.

Andy

Hi, I agree with Andy 100%, they are a great sounding speaker for their size, I bought a Model 24 system last summer just to get the speakers, $26 off e-bay and he delivered it, that in view of what's been going on with the 20's and 24's will never happen again! If the 24 II was sold seperately for using with your own amp was the Model 22 just another " Model " to increase sales? I've never seen one up close but they look the same in the pictures. I really like both drivers used in the 24 and it's too bad they didn't come up with more ideas for using them, nice little speakers, $40 in nice condition is okay, Rob

Archived