AR9-LS

I purchased my AR9-LS the summer of 85. I have replaced all drivers excepting the tweeters with new ones from AR customer support. I am now needing to replace drivers again. Are there any other resources avaiable? Does anyone have the schematic for the crossover? I have searched the postings and found great info for the AR9 but not much on the AR9-LS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Why did you need to replace the drivers? Were they damaged

beyound repair or simply surround foam rot?

The reason I ask is that I am looking to purchase a used

pair and would like to find potential problems before I

purchase.

JulianKowa

I have had a pair of AR9-LS's for 10 years, driven by a Hafler DH-500 and have not had any problems with the midrange and tweeters. The cone type drivers, however, suffered from foam rot and all needed new surrounds. This is not a huge expense for this quality loudspeaker. Do you have the "improved" version with the midrange level reduced by replacing components in the crossover network?

I have driven these speakers very hard with this amp and they never showed any signs of damage to any of the components.

##### Boneske

Winneconne, Wisconsin

Surround foam rot was the culprit. Only knowing that I liked the way the speakers sounded and little else about speakers I replaced the drivers. Could I have gotten by with repairs to the foam surround rot? I was happy to find AR customer support available after more than 15 years of ownership and prompt shipment of replacements. I blew out two midrange drivers while driving them under the influence

:(

Archived