PRICE REDUCED: AR-2x refurbished $90 + S&H

Guest mrsimontibbs

Guest mrsimontibbs

Hello all. No replies to previous post so I'm reducing the price.

I have a pair of Acoustic Research AR-2x's that I spent last year upgrading. I refoamed the woofers and installed new capacitors, L-pad controls and putty. They are oiled walnut veneer from 1970. One of the original tweeters has a small tear in the paper cone. I couldn't tell if this affected the sound, but put in a new pair of Hi-Vi tweeters recommended by a dealer. I'm including the new and the original tweeters so you can can swap them out if you wish. Includes original grill cloth and badges.

They sound great but I recently found a pair of AR-3ax's I plan to upgrade in a similar way. Before I put them on eBay, I thought I'd post them here. I'm in Oregon (97402) but also get up to Portland frequently (97214). I'll probably ship these via UPS, but don't have details on the shipping cost yet.

Please check out the pix and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

TED

P.S. Is there a way to delete my previous For Sale post?

post-102104-1205713504.jpg

post-102104-1205713627.jpg

post-102104-1205713646.jpg

post-102104-1205713668.jpg

post-102104-1205713702.jpg

Hello all. No replies to previous post so I'm reducing the price.

I have a pair of Acoustic Research AR-2x's that I spent last year upgrading. I refoamed the woofers and installed new capacitors, L-pad controls and putty. They are oiled walnut veneer from 1970. One of the original tweeters has a small tear in the paper cone. I couldn't tell if this affected the sound, but put in a new pair of Hi-Vi tweeters recommended by a dealer. I'm including the new and the original tweeters so you can can swap them out if you wish. Includes original grill cloth and badges.

They sound great but I recently found a pair of AR-3ax's I plan to upgrade in a similar way. Before I put them on eBay, I thought I'd post them here. I'm in Oregon (97402) but also get up to Portland frequently (97214). I'll probably ship these via UPS, but don't have details on the shipping cost yet.

Please check out the pix and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

TED

P.S. Is there a way to delete my previous For Sale post?

Hi there;

It may help your sale if you completely list all of the updates/upgrades in more detail.

For example brand and model of caps, finish applied to veneer, if any, L-pads, type and manufacturer and type of putty, etc..

Archived