Interior Designer Meets AR-303a

administrator

I thought some of you (especially Ken) might find this amusing. I'm working with an interior designer that told me the AR-303a speakers at my place had to go, to be replaced by in-wall or AR Phantom type speakers.

I started laughing and had to explain that when I first moved in I only had the ARs, my DLP monitor, and boxes to sit on. If my place lit on fire, I would first save the speakers and then think about saving my girlfriend. (Please read humor into the tail end of that sentence.)

Mark

I started laughing and had to explain that when I first moved in I only had the ARs, my DLP monitor, and boxes to sit on. If my place lit on fire, I would first save the speakers and then think about saving my girlfriend.

Makes sense to me. Your girfriend has legs and can move on her own, the speakers do not.

Mark,

First of all I think it's time to find a better interior designer (read that to mean one who appreciates classic beauty such as that found in vintage AR speakers).

Two, forget about making two trips to save the speakers, have the girlfriend carry the other one. Promise her a new outfit and a matching pair of shoes to leave her 'old' clothes behind. That way the speakers and the girlfriend are both saved.

Now it's a win-win situation.

James

I thought some of you (especially Ken) might find this amusing. I'm working with an interior designer that told me the AR-303a speakers at my place had to go, ...

Mark

Mark:

The 22 Feb. issue of The Week just made it out here to the hinterlands today. On p. 32 is an advert for a Boston appartment that reads: "Less than a minute from Boston Common and adjacent to Copley Square, this penthouse condo has two bedrooms and two baths. The 4,250-sq.-ft. apartment includes formal living and dining rooms, two fireplaces, and marble floors. $7,000,000."

Just curious if this might be your apartment? -- thought your interior designer might have convinced you that your AR-303 might need a more appropriate home? B):lol:

Cheers,

Mark,

I don't want this on my conscience! Please promise me to arrange a suitable emergency evacuation plan.

For example, "You get the left speaker, I'll get the right speaker. Disconnect the cables. Be careful of the tweeter!"

-k

www.kenkantor.com

www.ztamplifiers.com

I thought some of you (especially Ken) might find this amusing. I'm working with an interior designer that told me the AR-303a speakers at my place had to go, to be replaced by in-wall or AR Phantom type speakers.

I started laughing and had to explain that when I first moved in I only had the ARs, my DLP monitor, and boxes to sit on. If my place lit on fire, I would first save the speakers and then think about saving my girlfriend. (Please read humor into the tail end of that sentence.)

Mark

Mark,

I don't want this on my conscience! Please promise me to arrange a suitable emergency evacuation plan.

For example, "You get the left speaker, I'll get the right speaker. Disconnect the cables. Be careful of the tweeter!"

-k

www.kenkantor.com

www.ztamplifiers.com

After reading these replies I get the feeling I'm not the only one who has contemplated such a conundrum... B)

I really like the teamwork concept. We could each grab a speaker on the first couple trips and then move onto boxes of shoes!

Mark

Just curious if this might be your apartment? -- thought your interior designer might have convinced you that your AR-303 might need a more appropriate home? B):lol:

Fortunately, no... considering what happens during football games at my condo, the value on a place like that would plummet quickly.

Mark

Archived