AR 91/92 and derivatives

jpk

Hi all,

Can some one tell me the exact differences (with details, if possible) between the 91 & 92 (that I know quite well) and all possible derivatives such as 915, 91.5, 925, 925e, etc ... (if these are derivatives) ?

when I say "derivative" I mean "with same drivers"

where can I find specs & pics of these ?

Many thanks in advance

Jean-Patrick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nigel

Hi;

I have a pair of 915, and my ex-wife has 91.

The 91 came with real wood veneer, the top corners clipped, and have AR's old standard three terminal connection. There are level adjustment switches too: 0dB, -3dB and -6dB for the mid and tweeter.

The 915 has plastic wood grain veneer, square corners and just two terminals, making bi-amping a take apart the cabinet affair. There are no level adjustments.

Soundwise, there is no difference. The AR91 definitely look classier.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks Nigel

I have a pair of AR91 and the description you gave for your wife's 91 is quite similar except that I have only 2 terminals (not 3)

If you have a pair of 91 and a pair of 915, would you be willing to sell me one pair ? (fyi I live in France ......)

Take care

Jean-Patrick

Guest Nigel

Hi Jean-Patrick;

My ex-wife has the AR91, not I. Eventually, the AR91.5 are for the center channel of a home entertainment (audio and video) system. I have two pairs of AR9 speakers - one pair needs refoaming, both pairs will get new caps. I just need one more pair to complete the seven channel system.

I am not interested in selling any of my classic ARs at this time.

Nigel

Archived