AR Literature war

dynaco_dan

Hi there;

I've been following an unusual AR brochure auction on ebay.

The bidding war is at over $25.00 already.

I was going to bid but not now, too rich for me.

Certainly wouldn't mind looking at it, I've never seen it before.

Considering that AR would send you all of their literature on request, for free, makes this a collectibles hobby now.

Guest speedracer
Hi there;

Considering that AR would send you all of their literature on request, for free, makes this a collectibles hobby now.

If I get it, I will let you take a look at.

Hi there;

Personally, I hate the fact that some of the things I use every day have become "collectibles" whose value is no longer based on their performance, but on their rarity. I have several very rare pieces of AR literature, including the manual for my original 1961 two-motor TA, and I have scanned and uploaded them to every vintage site that accepts manual uploads.

Personally, I hate the fact that some of the things I use every day have become "collectibles" whose value is no longer based on their performance, but on their rarity.

I have several very rare pieces of AR literature, including the manual for my original 1961 two-motor TA, and I have scanned and uploaded them to every vintage site that accepts manual uploads.

Hi there;

I for one, would appreciate seeing that document as well, please.

You can download it to this site as well, thank you.

Whereas I do not own the two motor turntable, I do own a few single motor versions.

Simplistic in design, reliable in operation.

I always enjoy reading some of the older literature about past accomplishments by AR.

Speakers, amps, receivers, tuners or whatever AR produced.

I have nothing to read about the AR-1, AR-1X, and AR-2X's.

Vern

I also enjoy KLH, Advent, ADC, Crown, Carver and Dynaco, to name a few others I also have found enjoyable products.

I have voiced my distaste here for counterfeiting a few times.

Un-fortuantely I have had to crawl to, a counterfeiter, actually a reproducer of vintage information, to obtain Heathkit manuals, long out of print.

What to do, what to do? Heh?

I am an honest person and would not steal from anyone but if I stuck to my gun's, I would not have any Heathkit manuals to read.

$10 - $20.00 for a manual that was sold by Heath for about $1.00 many, many years ago.

Archived