Model II's

Guest PNW_Tom

Guest PNW_Tom

My friend Dale just gave me a pair of Model II speakers along with a Sansui 9090 receiver. Both the speakers and receiver need some work. About the speakers, the woofer foam is crumbling off. I have 1 speaker grille. Brown foam, no badges. The cabinets and tweeters etc look to be in excellent condition. I was thinking about ordering some new woofer foam kits from simplyspeakers.com

Any recommendations for replacing the missing grille and badges?

See attached photo of speaker label.

post-102870-1198428950.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My friend Dale just gave me a pair of Model II speakers along with a Sansui 9090 receiver. Both the speakers and receiver need some work. About the speakers, the woofer foam is crumbling off. I have 1 speaker grille. Brown foam, no badges. The cabinets and tweeters etc look to be in excellent condition. I was thinking about ordering some new woofer foam kits from simplyspeakers.com

Any recommendations for replacing the missing grille and badges?

See attached photo of speaker label.

You'll probably have to replace BOTH grills. You can make frames and cover them (see humanspeakers.com).

I've made photo prints 1:1 of some badges to use as replacements. Works pretty well from a distance.

You'll probably have to replace BOTH grills. You can make frames and cover them (see humanspeakers.com).

I've made photo prints 1:1 of some badges to use as replacements. Works pretty well from a distance.

Those are "catchy". Now I've got some.

Picked up a pair last weekend. Gotta size and order some surrounds, but I've long been intrigued by Roy's designs. I have a pair of the smaller, more conventional, 727 speakers.

Amazingly, the foam grills are still intact! As is the foam on the front baffle (weird feature).

p1070003gu4.jpg

Archived