Time Stamp Issue

johnieo

Mark:

per your request, it is 9:25 p.m. (21:25) here Monday 03 Dec. My system clock is set to GMT-7; the IPBoard personal time zone setting is GMT-7. So let's see what time is recorded when we post.

Hi John,

I'm GMT -5 (Eastern) and IP.Board shows me you posted at 11:28pm, which is correct in terms of my time. What does it show you? (I'm posting this at 6:33am my time, 4:33am yours.)

Mark

Hi John,

I'm GMT -5 (Eastern) and IP.Board shows me you posted at 11:28pm, which is correct in terms of my time. What does it show you? (I'm posting this at 6:33am my time, 4:33am yours.)

Mark

your post shows here with a time of 4:33 AM as in the quote above. You must have fixed something because my original post to you now shows the correct time of transmission (9:28 PM instead of 4:28 AM)

thanks, John

your post shows here with a time of 4:33 AM as in the quote above. You must have fixed something because my original post to you now shows the correct time of transmission (9:28 PM instead of 4:28 AM)

thanks, John

PROBLEM UNDERSTOOD--

When I access the IP board as a GUEST, my recent post of 8:33 AM Tucson time shows a posted time of 3:33 PM :unsure:

When I access the IP board as a MEMBER, my recent post of 8:33 AM shows a posted time of 8:33 PM :blink:

so I conclude that without any knowledge of where in the world is Carmen San Diego, IP board defaults to GMT+0.

I guess there is some logic to that...

thanks again, John

Archived