Genesis Model 1+?

Guest SherwoodFool

Guest SherwoodFool

Does anyone know if Genesis Physics produced a Model 1+? I just picked a pair; paid cheap. Iknow about the co. but have no experience with their Speakers.

Opinions anyone?

SherwoodFool

• 1 month later...

>Does anyone know if Genesis Physics produced a Model 1+? I

>just picked a pair; paid cheap. Iknow about the co. but have

>no experience with their Speakers.

>Opinions anyone?

>

>SherwoodFool

Hello SherwoodFool,

I bought a pair of Genesis 1+’s in 2005 for two dollars at a community yard sale. I didn’t know anything about them but they were quite heavy so I figured that must be good. I had my wife carry one of them back to the car.

I took them apart and refoamed the woofers. The tweeters were sent out to Huw Powell to be rebuilt. Huw changes the old coated fabric domes to aluminum for a reasonable price.

http://www.humanspeakers.com

Huw’s site also has everything you want to know and more about Genesis Physics speakers. He’s a character and he knows speakers.

The end result is an uninspiring looking (that’s why you got them cheap) but exquisite sounding pair of speakers. Don’t lose your 1+’s! Spend the money to fix them up.

Karl

Guest SherwoodFool

Thanks.$5 Goodwill. I looked at site. I don't have the famous green surrounds, but black ones(one has 1"tear) so I assume somebody refoamed. They don't sound bad even the torn one. I am partial to AR's: these sound like AR-4's but a little brighter. I have EPI 100's also & you can tell the lineage.Either way I getting rid of Both. I can't keep this Packrat stuff up.

BTW, that site hit me with so many spyware cookies,I had to restart & clear 2ce.

Regards,

Russ

Archived