Bozak B305

Guest viscommbozak

Guest meanroy

I have a set of B305 Tanglewood speakers (left side ser No. D16343) I bought in the early '60's.

All 4 B199's are blown. (accident involving 5 year old, Rotel, and dropped tone arm!)

I've found 1 place that has a technician who can rewind voice coils apparently. The price is pretty steep, ~120/speaker + shipping from Calif to and from Florida.

I've heard B199's can be had for around $50.00 on e-bay. YMMV.

Does anyone here know of a repair tech/shop closer to Calif. or where I might find some B199's?

Roy.

Guest viscommbozak

I think $45 - 50 is the fair, going price for verified performers. That is what I have sold mine for. The concern is that no problem, and works perfectly on eBay translates to take your chances. I have been stiffed more than once by old, sagging suspensions that allow the cone to easily bottom out and snap. Also watch out for recones. I bought two B-199s recently that had been reconed with real Bozak cones but still, the photos were marginal and did not show the difference nor did I look closely enough. They work fine and the FAR is around 40 hz but be careful. By the way, the 305's are my second favorite Bozak model!

Viscommbozak

• 1 month later...
Guest meanroy

I now have the 305's up and running!

They sound great, I replaced the old caps in the crossover but didn't add the Tobin Mod.

I carried them around for over fourty years, 22 of which they weren't working. :-(

They are set up in a fairly small room so they don't need a lot of power.

I just received some Panasonic WM-61A microphones to do some testing with, after I do the "Linkwitz mod".

Roy.

Archived