Boston Acoutic A70

Guest docfreud

You could always Try Boston Acoustics.

Is it just the foam surrounds that are gone on the speakers? If so, you can replace them. This is a better option than replacing the woofers and will maintain the original sound of these speakers.

Just search the AR forum for instructions and suppliers of foam. You will also find suppliers who will refoam your woofers. One of the forum regulars named Carl also re furbishes speakers.

• 5 years later...

I just picked up a pair of A-70s from in front of one of my neighbors yard. They have fine cabinets, but the woofers are gonzo _ foam "rot". I was thinking about having these refoamed, but apparently someone found the parameters of the woofer. I figured that I'd post them here because they seem to make sense given the size of the sealed box. I bet that I might be able to find some replacement woofers pretty close to these specs.

Voice Coil Impedance: 5 ohm Rated Frequency Response: 40 - 5k Hz Sensitivity: 88 dB SPL (Average 500 - 2.5 kHz, 2.83V, 1 meter) Rated Power: 40 watts Program Power: 80 watts Magnet Weight: 283 gr (10 oz) Fo: 43 Hz Re: 4.4 ohm Qts: 0.75 Qms: 9.66 Qes: 0.81 Vas: 42 liters Xmax: 4 mm No: .40 %

Archived