AR 4x parts upgrade

1) carefully with a dinner knife (dull) gently pry it off. They may be glued on, or just pressed on. The frame is somewhat fragile. It is not hard to make a new frame if you have a Dremel motor tool (or similar) and a router attachment ($25 @ Wal-mart), out of masonite or thin MDF.

2) Layne Audio, see links on the front page.

Nigel

I recently acquired a pair of these speakers.I now need more info from people who really know this brand.Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. #1. What's the best way to remove the grilles on these AR's. #2.I would like to have the woofers refoamed or rebuilt.Are any companies providing this service? I guess what I really need is a source where I can get info and parts so the speakers can be completely upgraded without altering the original sound.The cabinets are beautiful and solid. I think the speakers would be worth it.

Guest rickcee

Hi don't know about the grilles - on the similar AR 6 they were glued in and careful prying was needed. . . The bass surrounds can be a 'do it yourself' - I tried with my moms AR 6 , but the kit I bought wasn't the right size, kinda hatchet job. If you really want high qual , (and no prev. exper.) I'd suggest a prof. place - there are two on the links section of this site. enjoy.

Archived