bridging amplifiers

What is the fascination with bridging amplifiers? Over the years, I've various read opinions from people asking about bridging anything from a standard size amp to the 300 watt monsters. The loss of fidelity alone is enough to turn me away from the idea.

• 2 years later...

Hi there, bridging is fine as long as you have a stable load,not below 4 ohm weather that is one enclosure or chained. You do have more power but most amps really do noy like it,there will be degration of detail,which is OK for pro use but maybe not in your living room. Best is to find a high current anp Bryston 4b adcom 555 Hafler and on it goes .These amps love to be treated to alittle work out once in awhile. Just for fur try to find a B4 to try,if you like it try to find one thatis just under 20 yrs old.You will need one of there boxes to do this but you ship it to them .They benh test and bring the amp back to stock spec,what would a check charge ,well if it was anything like they did on mine hundreds,even a new power cord.Then they shipped it back to me free,yes free. I can not say anow about Bryston. They do it all for me thats why I use so many of them. cheers cliffe

Archived