Nakamichi TA-3A receiver with Stasis amp design

Guest russwollman

Guest russwollman

Does anyone know the advantages claimed for the Stasis amp design? I've just come across one and am auditioning it.

The sound is good, though not as sweet as a NAD 7100 recently modified for me by Wayne at In-House Service Company—http://www.angelfire.com/art2/stereorepair117/index.html. He runs a good show, in case you need a competent and reasonable repair shop.

Guest denmarkdrivers

I auditioned A TA-3A once, It was a nice reciver almost kept it but decided to try another reciever that i dident like as much.

When i tried to get the used TA-3A back they had alreasy sold it and only has a TA-2A , wich sounded simular but the 3A had a lot more punch and power.

I belive stasis circuit design was devoloped by threshhold but im not sure about that, I'm sure someone on here knows for sure .

good luck enjoy the 7100 craig

Guest russwollman

Yes, the Stasis design was manufactured by Nak under license from Threshold.

The sound of this receiver is noticeably brighter than the sound of the modified NAD 7100. It's not an annoying brightness, but noticeable. I like the NAD sound better, and the NAD has some greater versatility and utility as well. The NAD seems more of an audiophile product, the Nak more pedestrian—though there's some good engineering and design inside.

For a long time I thought all electronics sounded alike. Appearances can be deceiving. On the other hand, I have a very hard time distinguishing among CD players. Most of them sound about the same to me. The 1993 Sony ES player (the cheapest ES model then) I have had since new sounds just as good as a much newer NAD 541i. The Sony has a nimble and speedy transport, features I've never used, and has never misbehaved in any way. To get thirteen years out of anything without a repair is rare. I won't sell it. I want to be buried with it ;-).

When I bought it, the salesman said Sonys were built like brick *&^%houses. And in the next breath, he said, "But the sound is not in the same league", which is why I don't bother with high-end audio stores or their wares any longer.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest denmarkdrivers

my friend has an ES series CD player because .... He bought an entire system from a local audio shop.... They promised him a NAD cd player and sold it on him by accident ... so they made up for it by giving him this really nice more expensive Sony ES series transport for the same price .... ( not sure the exact number) But it sure is a nice transport....

Archived