Dynaco classics anyone?

Guest denmarkdrivers

i love the A-25 bookshelf speakers, never tried a dynaco st-70. i just use a reconditioned hk 730 twin powered (1977) it matches the A 25s very well.

Dynaco makes amazing stuff, Love the sound theese bookshelf speakers give, they blow away my newer much more exspensive pair of B&W speakers in the mids, bass roll over and overall presentation.

The b&w's are more transparent but only certain music takes atvanatge of its transparency, they dont perform a drumroll as well as the A 25's.

Allthough the transparency is extreme on the B&W's its not as natural as the transparency of the A25's. The drivers on the A 25's look new after almost 40 years, not only do they show no wear but they way they are made puts most newer drivers to shame.

I keep thinking if it replace the caps inside it will blow away the B&Ws on every level, because they almost do now. just amazing

Hi,

I just do it out of curiousity, and to learn more about the classic designs.

The SEAS 10" is very smooth especially considering that it is a larger driver. SEAS has come a long way since the days of the A-25s, here's a link:

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi...id=8153028.2455

Pete B.

>thats very intresting reverse engineering the A-25's drivers,

>are doing this for an audio company ?

>Seems the A 25 drivers from 68-69 show no wear at all time

>after time.

>If i owned an audio company i would reverse engineer them as

>well, as close to the originals as possiable.

> That may be impossiable because manufacturing methods have

>changed so much ?

> How did they do it ? How did they seemlessly attach the

>rubber to the papper so well it looks like a newer driver

>after all theese years ?

> seems noone has matched that driver in many respects, im sure

>if you spend enough you might come close but still it amazes

>me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest denmarkdrivers

cool website pete, doesnt look like they use the cool thick papper they used too use, still a cool site, dident know they were still around, and im sure youre correct about the advantages of newer magnets and designs, i just like the orginal papper ones.

craig

Archived