Anyone know what drivers are in the Dahlquist DQ10?

Pete B

I see the crossover schematic here and have always been curious about this speaker. The woofer was the Advent woofer, lower mid looks like a Phillips AD5060, and the super tweeter is a Motorola. Anyone know what the 1.5" and .75" domes are? Spec sheets?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Guest krimney

I think the dome tweeter is also a philips?? If so I may have one. I think I have the rubber surrounded mids, 5" I think? Could check part # if you are interested.

• 6 months later...
Guest JakeGeo

Hi: Wondering if you have DQ-10 Schematic I could get my greedy little paws on? Recently rebuilt vintage '73 pair that I inherited from my best buddy's Dad growing up so I know them well. Just rebuilt with all available upgrades and they sound awasome.

• 2 weeks later...

So then a good starting point for a do it yourself DQ10 would be a larger Advent. You already have the woofer mounted in an optimal enclosure. As I recall, the DQ 10 had a stand placing the woofer several inches above the floor. Inverting the Advent so that its woofer is on top would probably bring it close. Of course you'd have to disconnect the Advent's tweeter and crossover. BTW, those Motorola tweeters were often available for about $3 each and you could probably find them for even less. Are they really of any value?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest baddjonny

They were made by mb-quart both black plastic drivers. I should know I built more DQ-10's and woofers on the production line than anybody else. I'm also the ORIGINAL service person for aprox 10 yrs.Not like the also ran ragnar I'll try to answer any questions about the ten's you want to know as they were finalised for production in my livingroom no bs. I only lived 1.5 miles from the original plant in freeport.

jon b

ps If you need nos tweeters I still have 8 or ten in my attic but not cheap as I'm not going to give them away I might also have a few mids .

MB-Quart makes sense because it's often mentioned that they were made in Germany and they don't look like Phillips drivers.

Do you have specs on the MB drivers? Frequency response data, anything?

Pete B.

>They were made by mb-quart both black plastic drivers. I

>should know I built more DQ-10's and woofers on the production

>line than anybody else. I'm also the ORIGINAL service person

>for aprox 10 yrs.Not like the also ran ragnar I'll try to

>answer any questions about the ten's you want to know as they

>were finalised for production in my livingroom no bs. I only

>lived 1.5 miles from the original plant in freeport.

>

>jon b

>

>ps If you need nos tweeters I still have 8 or ten in my attic

>but not cheap as I'm not going to give them away I might also

>have a few mids .

• 1 month later...

Archived