Audioanalyst Speakers

• 2 months later...
Guest markceras

I worked in audio retailing and encountered them-- the company was based in Danbury CT (near Sonus cartridges at the airport commercial zone), same region Bozak and others were located. They were much like an American Dynaco speaker type-- very neutral and smooth, good performers overall. I do not know how the drivers would hold up for exposure to elements or how easily they could be replaced, though. My experience with them were as used trade-in speakers (we never sold them) and one of the other salesmen in the store owned a pair and liked them (he formerly worked for an Audioanalyst dealer).

• 1 year later...
Guest mike butler

>I worked in audio retailing and encountered them-- the

>company was based in Danbury CT (near Sonus cartridges at the

>airport commercial zone), same region Bozak and others were

>located. They were much like an American Dynaco speaker

>type-- very neutral and smooth, good performers overall. I do

>not know how the drivers would hold up for exposure to

>elements or how easily they could be replaced, though. My

>experience with them were as used trade-in speakers (we never

>sold them) and one of the other salesmen in the store owned a

>pair and liked them (he formerly worked for an Audioanalyst

>dealer).

I used to sell them back in the 1970s, was manager of the Audio Den in New Haven. They were extremely popular with my customers when demo'ed against Advent and EPI (brands featured by local competitors). If I recall, the models at the time were the A76 (2-way bookshelf), A100 (3-way 10") and A200 (larger floor-standing, can't remember what was in them, maybe 12" 4-way), with the 100's being the big seller. I think the drivers were readily replaceable and seem to remember them using CTS phenolic-ring tweeters.

Archived