J.B.L. Century L-100's and Horizon L-166's but the L-300 are the best

These are the two best bookshelf speakers on the planet and the l-300 the best floor standing speaker made . Try to find them though ( in good shape ) they were made in the 70's and getting very scarce . If you come across them and have the bucks you will be a happy camper to listen to these but the L-100's go for up to $1500 us a pair now and l-166 a little more but the l-300's will cost you up to $5000.00 if they are in good shape and all original never modified EVER. Ask any dealler if you can listen to these in his store and the answer will be of course not ,,,because you'l buy the old ones any day after hearing them.,,,,,,,,,,,Cheers

• 1 year later...

I just purchased a pair of JBL 4333A's which are the pro audio edition of the L-300. I paid almost nothing for these cabs at a thrift store, and let me tell you they sound absolutely gorgeous!!! I have owned some nice speakers in my day Klipsh La Scala's, Cornwalls and a few others, but none have stacked up to the JBL's. 15 watts of tube power into each cab and I am satisfied.

Archived