Great Dynaco website!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rickcee

DYNACO 25'S I'VE JUST GOT A CD OF TEST TONES FROM STRYKES, AND IN MY VERY INFORMAL TESTS,

DYNA 25 SPKS (NEW SEAS WOOFERS FROM MADISOUND ): ON LOW BASS TESTS, THE DYNAS HAVE

A LOT OF 'BUZZ ' AT 40 hz thru 55 hz. Pretty much the sane

as my KLH 17 spk. - mixed in with some of what I would call low freq. throb.?? TO SHOW HOW NUTS I'VE GONE,

MY AR 302 (reprod. of orig. AR 5 ) and '78 KOSS 1020

both have clear low freq. throb (30 - 45 hz). ! Assume the

mid freq. buzz (on 45 hz test tones ) is normal ? ?

I've run Sterophile's test disc with my Dynaco's ( new SEAS woofers, Dynaudio tweets, solen caps ) and the things did quite well on the bottom end. They went down suprisingly low, if I remember right around 34hz. They dropped quite fast below 40hz, but on my rta I was getting down in the 34hz area. What could be causing your problem I do not know. Try another test disc, or hook up a rta with a pink noise generator.

• 1 year later...
Guest rickcee

Hi I just tried - in the Links part of this site is (still ) listed the Dynaco site , still active. Good site.

Also - my previous post about 'buzz ' with Dyna '25 -- I took out both the tweeter and woofer , replace the seal, and tightened the screw connections with glue and wood slices -- very good. almost all the 'buzz' is gone - some remains, seems to come from the port . . . These are great late '60's design ( along with AR 6, EPI 100, Advent wich was 30 - 40 % more $. later Rick

Archived