Searching for tweeter for Cizek Model 1

Guest whtva

Guest whtva

I purchased a set of Model 1 Cizeks in I think the fall of 1977. I still have them and they have served me well. One of the pair blew a tweeter recently. I very much would like to replace it.

- Can anyone direct me to a source of a replacement tweeter?

- Can anyone provide the specifications of the tweeter so I can search myself?

- Does anyone have a working Model 1 from which I could take the tweeter?

I would very much appreciate replies!

Thanks.

WHTVA

>Hi from Italy,

>

>click on this link:

>http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

>The Tweeters are Peerless KO10DT very rare, but not impossible

>to find... make a search on ebay...

>Hi

>Paolo

Hi Paolo;

Thank you, Paolo.

It is so nice that members like yourself can help this other member in need.

Good luck.

Hi,

I've got a pair of CIZEK one and I think there are today and there have been yesterday few speakers sounding good like them. The tweeters are very famous and were used also in many other speakers in 70 and 80 years. I found in 1980 a pair of KO10DT by Peerless and I made my CIZEK copies (I was a student and I was poor) copying the crossover, the cabinet and using a pair of Advent woofers bought in Bari, Italy. I was 16 old. Now I'm 41 and I've recently found a< pair of model one (my dream since 1980!!!). I'm sure these are the same tweeters mounted on original USA CIZEK one.

Hi

Paolo

Guest whtva

Thanks, I will look into this link. I have poked around quite a bit and not yet found a Peerless K010DT, but, hey, after 30 years, almost, I am not in a hurry. Glad to hear you think the Model 1 is a good sounding speaker. Mine have always been boomy in the bass, but they are a good sound overall and I've been very happy to own them. I did have the woofers re-coned about 7 years ago. The original woofers had a rim of reinforcing foam rubber in them and also a clear silicone material hand-applied to them - I always assumed this must have been some sort of "hand tuning" by the factory. Hope I can continue with them!

Best,

WHTVA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Ralphie

Hi: The foam ring on the cone is by design and a sonic dampener without which is probably the reason your Model 1's sound boomy (with the replacements). The original Cizek woofs are actually impressivly tight yet far ranging. I have four and can't wait to get my QRX-9001 fixed to set 'em up in quad mode.

• 1 year later...

Archived