Cizek speakers ..

administrator

Am I the only one that was a fan of Cizek speakers?? I listened to my first Tool CD on a pair of Model 1's connected to a HK 430 receiver .. I think my parents felt the bass upstairs and wanted to know what the problem was. (Which turned into MY problem once they figured out the speakers were making the windows rattle.)

Mark

• 2 months later...

HELP!!!

I have owned & used my Model 2 Cizeks for 20 years…

The cone surround just now cracked & split.

HOW DO I GET THESE REPAIRED?

I'm sick not having my old friends singing to me.

Any help would be great!

• 1 month later...

Hi mark,

I have a similar problem with a pair of Model 1's.

did you find anyone to repair...i need mine rebuilt....

Could not enter my real first name to create an account....

Regards umberto(Luigi)

• 8 months later...

There are some repair options on the website and also in the discussion forums. Look for the repair threads in the AR forum for lots of suggestions.

I have used Layne Audio in the past, I think they did my pair of Cizek Model I woofers in college. They are very busy though, so check with them on ETA for a repair.

Mark

• 6 months later...

Hi from Italy,

where I'm living with my "dear" 20_y_old Model II. The woofers died (the rubber and, at the same time, also the coil) and I'm wandering how to replace them because I understand that it's very hard to have them repaired.

I'm trying to be in touch with local Ciare distributor to share with them the Model II specifications and have some suggestion for the replacement.

It seems that it's very hard to find a valid 4 Ohm replacement......

Any suggestion from you all ?

If it can be appreciated, I attach the specifications text from the original brochure.

regards to everybody

Lodovico

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the woofers from my Cizek Model 1's, and I can tell you I have never seen another woofer like that. I don't know how you would find replacements for this or other Cizek models. I think the tweeters in the original series were all Peerless, but those woofers were in-house affairs.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Mark

Archived