EPI 50, 60, 70 or Epicure 5

Guest BobK

I have a set of EPI 400 speakers and am in the process of refinishing the cabinets. Will be driving the 400's with a Luxman amp and would also like to get my hands on a set of EPI 50, 60, 70 or Epicure 5 to go with the 400's. Not interested in T/E or series 2/3 EPI's.

Does anyone in this group have any experience with the older 50, 60, 70 or 5 speakers ? Other than cabinet size, any advantage of one over the other ?

Thanks

Bob

• 9 months later...
Guest molecules

I have a pair of Epicure 5's and they match the tonality of the 100's and 180's so probably also the 400's.

They have brown grilles and no logos. If interested, you can have them for $35 plus shipping or better pick them up.

Dave

I have a set of EPI 400 speakers and am in the process of refinishing the cabinets. Will be driving the 400's with a Luxman amp and would also like to get my hands on a set of EPI 50, 60, 70 or Epicure 5 to go with the 400's. Not interested in T/E or series 2/3 EPI's.

Does anyone in this group have any experience with the older 50, 60, 70 or 5 speakers ? Other than cabinet size, any advantage of one over the other ?

Thanks

Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest Dave L
I have a pair of Epicure 5's and they match the tonality of the 100's and 180's so probably also the 400's.

They have brown grilles and no logos. If interested, you can have them for $35 plus shipping or better pick them up.

Dave

Dave,

New to this site but came across your post regarding the Epicure 5's and wondered if you still had them for sale. I'm interested if you do. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 months later...
Guest molecules

Sorry I missed your post. I sold them earlier, if you are interested in a nice pair of 180's ....

Dave,

New to this site but came across your post regarding the Epicure 5's and wondered if you still had them for sale. I'm interested if you do. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived