Allison Sevens

draftingmonkey

Just received an email here at my office from a gent I bought some AR-4x's from. He is offering me first dibs on a pair of Sevens. Since I am not familiar with them I was wondering what they are like, musically speaking, and what may be a fair value for them. I am going to reply, letting him know I will get back to him later.

Thanks for any input.

James

>Just received an email here at my office from a gent I bought

>some AR-4x's from. He is offering me first dibs on a pair of

>Sevens. Since I am not familiar with them I was wondering

>what they are like, musically speaking, and what may be a fair

>value for them. I am going to reply, letting him know I will

>get back to him later.

>

>Thanks for any input.

>

>James

Hi James;

I went to our Allison library and I see that there was a model seven and CD-7.

Allison Model Seven had a review in Stereo Review Jan/83.

Allison CD-7 had a review in Consumer Reports Oct/86.

Unless someone on board can email you a review copy, I would go to your local library for access to those reviews.

I have only listened to, Allison AL-110's, I was then given a sales brochure of this model about 10 years ago, so I can't comment, sorry.

Good luck, James.

Well I decided to buy them in the end. $125. Similar to a AR-4x, but top firing woofer. Will see about trying them out in some various places this weekend if I get a chance. Will keep you informed.

Oh yes, if you notice the woofers do not look original. They are (for the most part). They were reconed and refoamed by the original owner, whom I purchased them from.

BTW my first Allisons, what's next?

post-101227-1155348532.jpg

post-6-1155348532.jpg

1489.txt

post-6-1155348533.jpg

Guest aladinsan

The SEVEN's and the CD7 are similar two-way towers. Very similar! They perform best up against the forward wall. 4 ohm - non bi-wirable towers with the same drivers and cross-over point. Power handling spec'd up to 150 watts(?).

I would expect them to get 300.00 a pair, if in average shape and up over 400.00 for mint. They never seem to be mint!

Thanks

*The real traesure are the ONE's and TWO's!

Archived