Roy Allison Designed Bookshelf Speakers

bboylesjc

I recently purchased a pair of speakers that look like a pair of books for my son to use at college. They are different looking than any speaker I have seen. They are acoustic suspension, maybe 5" wide, 8" deep and 12-13" high. The use an MTM speaker array with two 3" woofers and 3/4" tweeter. The speaker grills have "History of Music" Vol. I and Vol.II by SAAD respectively. The sides are leather looking brown and the center area is white and the sides overhang the center in the rear, like book covers. They were manufactured in Korea for SAMMI Sound of Danville,KY.

I have seen them on the web and supposedly they were designed by Roy Allison, at least according one web site. I was greatly surprised at how well they sound, throwing a pretty wide sound stage and decent imaging. They sound much bigger than their size.

They appear to be NOS. They were wrapped and protected by styrofoam. Unfortunately, there was no literature included with the packaging. I was wondering if any of the Allison fans have any information on these, like frequency response, optimum set up, etc. Does anyone else own a pair or have experience with them?

• 4 months later...
Guest mstar

Woofers are Sammi CW-77B10

Tweeter I am not sure. Some one said it was someting like MT-15 or MT-18?

I assume also by Sammi. XO he said at 3k

That guy on Ebay stated the books were made by Allision Accustics but it is hard to say since they do not list them. The company told me they were made by Sammi but maybe they were confusing my question as to the driver brands.

Can you measure the width of the tweeter OD?

Guest mstar

I did a little more research and found that Stanford Acoustics bought Sammi but the web link is for Allision. http://www.allisonacoustics.com/

I am waiting to hear if they sell replacement parts.

You can find that woofer from DLCparts.com or the guy on ebay but he says he does not have the tweeter.

• 1 month later...

Archived