Identify The Smaller Advent tweeter

Guest donlockett

Guest donlockett

My literature says that The Smaller Advent tweeter has a magnetic structure that is lighter and smaller than the original orange fried egg to match the slightly lower efficiency of the bass driver. How can I tell if the tweeters I purchased are for the large or small speakers? Years ago when my son blew out the tweeters in my Small Advents, I replaced them with a Madisound (Audax, I think) tweeter and have been happy. Got the itch to replace them with original tweeters, but have just learned the orange tweeters may not all be the same. Very happy to have been pointed to classicspeakerpages. Thanks for any info in advance. Don

Hi Don,

Welcome.

The Smaller Advent tweeter magnet assembly measures 2.5" square as opposed to the original Advent Loudspeaker tweeter magnet assembly which measures 3" square.

Of course, there are always controversies surrounding Advent speakers and it is a little unclear whether Advent switched this in later Smaller Advents to the same tweeters as the large ones but the 2.5" will always be a Smaller Advent tweeter so you're safe getting those and probably most correct.

The only thing a large Advent tweeter in a Smaller Advent would do, however, is make the high end slightly more prominent.

Doug

Archived