advent 4002

Guest rickcee

Guest rickcee

Hi not sure - I think they are the secong generation version of the 'small advent' from like '78 - to ? perhaps the last 'real Advents' ? ? I think the second gen. version of large adv. was also called the 5002 ? ? Both with an improved brighter sounding tweeter of similar design to original cone/dome . . .

I just bought a pair of Advent 4002. They're 22 x 12 x 8.5. Looks just like the Large Advent but smaller. It is however larger the the Small Advent. Also has a 10" woofer in a 12" basket like the Large Advent. Does anyone have any info on the speakers.

It has Jensen on the back of the cabinets, so i'm assuming they were made late 70's very early 80's maye be. Thanks for the info. By the way do you know anything abouth the ADvent Legacy II?

The 4002 is just a later Large Advent in a slightly smaller cabinet. These are from the early 80's, the 5002 was the "full size", 4002 a bit more compact. Same woofers and tweeters on both, but the 4002 didn't have a level control switch [you can easliy retrofit]

Archived