advent

Guest rickcee

Guest rickcee

Hi noticed the new additions to sections (old advert.)which were sent in. too bad about magaz. tests/copyright. . . maybe you can keep the listings as a reference for anyone who wants to go to the library and try to look up some old model ? ? anyway, just curious : what happened to ADVENT ? has Recotron or whoever totally wrecked ? reduced to "computer speakers "? ADVENT !!too bad. And : (again, just curious: BOSE 901 spks. . . the early models had the 15- 20 year foam ( ? ) have they upgraded to real rubber surrounds ? with 9 small speakers in each, what a pain! see ya Rick

Hi Rick!

You're right about using the index of articles you sent in as a resource for people looking for reprints. I'll work on a more complete index of the articles you sent and get them online in the manufacturer index on the website.

Regarding the Advent's .. I would guess that Recoton realized with the purchase of multiple audio companies (AR, Advent, NHT, Jensen, ??) they had a great deal of redundancy in product lines. It looks like it took a while for them to figure out what they really wanted to do with Advent and finally just gave the name a "token" product.

I'm not very familiar with any of the Recoton products because no one seems to sell them around here. Since I'm in Boston, I find that fairly odd. Sears is listed as an Acoustic Research distributor, and they had one subwoofer and some PS series bookshelf speaker. That was it! The Sears website only had one or two models as well. I've never seen Advent's for sale.

Mark

Archived