KLH gets 1st place @ radio show

Andy

I decided to enter my Model Eight & Thirteen in the NEARC show Oct 20th in the FM catagory. I did spend time the and make a nice display - framed plaques with company history, a explanation of the acoustic suspesnion loudspeaker and a Henry kloss retrospective.

Since it was a NH show, I met a guy who knew Kloss in the late 50's - saying he loved the work and was very dedicated and excited about building KLH the company into what it turned out to became...a respectected company in the audio World.

It was enjoyable day and it was nice to see a KLH product get the credit it deserves.

Andy

Sorry, I have no pictures. When the NEARC winter newsletter comes out I might be able to get a photo posted.

A few of the serious radio collectors where intrigued with the possibility that the Model Eight is the only tube radio to use the Acoustic suspension system. I had highlighted this in my display and many were trying to think of another - no one could think of one. Though Zenith used an acoustic chamber, a large cone which was mounted on the back of their 15" console speaker in the 1930s. But the driver was still a mechanical suspension type.

Maybe I'll suggest phonographs for an upcomming contest category, and bring my Model Twenty to see how it does.

Andy

Guest bottom_feeder

I was at the show, and saw that setup - VERY COOL !

that full range speaker is one of my all time favorites - didn't know it was good down to 55 Hz and had a cone excursion of 3/8's of an inch.

AMAZING stats for such a small speaker . .

Archived