KLH Model Thirty Four - 34

Guest psochicago

Guest psochicago

Hello, I am looking for information on a Model 34 I picked up. It is a turntable, a built in amp and am/fm or just fm receiver I don't remember and the speakers. I have a great little model 21 I picked up for $5 I listen to weekly but this will be cool...just want to find out more information. Thanks!

The Model 34 was one of the second generation modular systems from KLH, about 1972-75. Some had a Garrard record changer like the earlier models 15, 19, 20, 24, 26 and some had a changer made by Dual. KLH was loosing their touch in the 70's and the later systems were not quite as nice as the first generation units as far as fit and finish in my opinion, but if it's working well, it's still quality audio better then many such 1970's systems from other makers. I thing real walnut vineer was still being used instead of vinyl on the cabinets? The speakers should still be of the acoustic suspension type and every bit as nice as earlier models.

Note; There are actually fewer of the later models around compared to the ones from the 1960's....KLH sales were dropping.

What's great about having a KLH system is one can build a large music library for very little money...$1.00 $5.00 a record...sometimes albums are free! A friend of mine just bought 700 LP's for $25.00 at a yard sale.....many are scarce blues and jazz recordings that have not been put on CD by the industry.

Guest psochicago

Thanks! I just hooked it up last night and it sounds great. The light is out for the tuner faces and I want to open it up and hopefully replace the bulb. I also plan on hooking my ipod or cd player up to it and hear how it sounds. Do you think either one of these be a problem? Is there anyplace I can get a user's manual? It is definitely all the sound I need in my house and sounds great! Thanks again.

Archived