AR TSW 910's Please read!!!

Thanks Nigel:

They are walnut, I think the re-staining is an option. I guess maybe the bottoms were exposed to more sunlight? Strange, but could happen. I'll check out decware.com.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi:

Just got a pair of these TSW 910's over the weekend, I'd rate them a 7.5 - 8 out of 10, mainly due to the foam surrounds(mids/midbass, tacky, and one small tear on mid, no biggie), which I was expecting. Woofers are good though so far. But they sound awesome!!!

I have some questions:

1) What is the price of resurrounding vs. new replacement drivers? Both in hassle and price? Mids through woofers.

2) How do I fashion some grille mounting tabs? The fabric is in good shape, but some tabs are broken off.

3) Did AR have quality control issues? The wood on the top of the cabinet matches, while the bottom pieces don't match. How do I darken/lighten the wood (within limited reason) so they match better?

4) Are there supposed to be AR logos on the tweeters? There is a square, but no tiny logos. Can I buy these little logos?

Any help is appreciated, I have contacted Layne, but is there anyone else?

Thanks!

Chris

Guest Nigel

Hi Chris;

Another possiblity for speaker repair is:

http://www.decware.com/

As far a wood coloration goes, the mis-match is probably mostly due to sun light. Are your speakers real wood, or vinyl?

If they are real wood, you can restain it however you want. If you have vinyl, I do not know.

Nigel

• 7 years later...
Guest kevlar66
Hi Chris;

Another possiblity for speaker repair is:

http://www.decware.com/

As far a wood coloration goes, the mis-match is probably mostly due to sun light. Are your speakers real wood, or vinyl?

If they are real wood, you can restain it however you want. If you have vinyl, I do not know.

Nigel

:( ive had a pair of tsw910 for about 5years now and ive noticed the slight mismatch in the base timber lamination ,i would think that staining is definately a good option,as for the badge my covers were busted so i used the cover badges on the little square on the tweeter,they look far more impressive without covers as long as there are no kids around which i discovered the hard way once,Anyway you will never ever need any loudspeakers ever again brilliant

Archived