AR3--- How to Remove Enamel from Mid Spkr Wire?

Guest Deafears

Thank you KenK for the bump;

I wanted to continue with the topic of, Ken's Electrically Conductive Glue, since KenK was the person who located and gave us the link.

I was having difficulty finding this thread again for some reason.

Thank you very much again, Ken Kantor for that link and the bump.

On second thought, I will start a separate topic, this one is too deep.

Thanks, Vern.

I'm interested to see your results. In my experience, the glue requires a decent physical bond between the wires to exist before it is applied. Otherwise, the resistance will creep up somewhat. In other words, if you simply touch the wires together lightly, and apply the glue, you can wind up with a few Ohms of contact resistance. If you press them firmly and hold them together overnight, you can easily achieve a few mOhms.

It's a water-based suspension, and it really takes a long time to fully harden and conduct. Once cured, it seems pretty strong and stable. (I've also managed to make some thick-film resistors with the stuff, by applying it to a PC board, just for fun.) I've checked it for any kind of rectification or distortion using copper, steel and aluminum contacts, and haven't seen any problems.

Keep us posted.

-k

Hi Ken;

I will be starting a new topic up when I have completed my tests.

My question for everyone at this time is, how do I copy or transfer the quote that Ken just wrote into another new topic?

I want to try to keep everything regarding this glue, in one new topic, not scattered.

Thank you.

Archived