AR11's

Guest Pamannagloria

Guest Pamannagloria

I have purchased a pair of AR11's and the centre dome in one of the woofers is larger then the other . I have taken them out and they have very similar coding ( one is 200003 , 561-7716 and the other is 200003 , 561-7721 )is this normal or could they be from different years ?

>I have purchased a pair of AR11's and the centre dome in one

>of the woofers is larger then the other . I have taken them

>out and they have very similar coding ( one is 200003 ,

>561-7716 and the other is 200003 , 561-7721 )is this normal or

>could they be from different years ?

Whoever made the woofers probably ran out of one size dome and switched to the next closest size. Unfortunately, you may have gotten a pair of finished speakers that were never matched for dome size when sold. In any case I wouldn't worry about it.

Do you hear any difference in the bass response? I doubt it.

It's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

Unless you know the woofers have never been removed from the cabinet, the easiest explanation is that someone refoamed a driver, used shims to center the woofer while the glue dried, then used a new, replacement dust cap.

Check to make sure that the spider is level when the woofer is "at rest" (vertical cone, not horizontal) and if it is don't worry about it. If it isn't, then one or both may need to be repaired or re-repaired. I had two "professionally" repaired and they were done neatly, but very, very wrongly.

Check the spiders.

Bret

Archived