AR 2ax tweeter reconnection

M Delp

First post and right out of the gate I need help! I recently acquired a decent pair of AR 2ax's. When I unboxed them and hooked them up they obviously needed help in the tweeter department. Once I took off the grilles I found that the wires from the posts into the tweeters were both disconnected from the face of the tweeters. Is there a way to re-connect these  incredibly delicate wires back into the tweeters? Thanks in advance.

yrs,

Mike

10 hours ago, M Delp said:

Is there a way to re-connect these  incredibly delicate wires back into the tweeters?

The short answer is yes. 

If the wire is disconnected at the tweeter dome contact @RoyCor @Chris1this1 for repair.  If the break is between the dome and the terminal post you could try it yourself.  Personally I would have Roy or Chris do a complete rebuild.   Those particular tweeters have a serious drop off in performance after 50 years but they are the correct and best tweeters for the Classic ARs when restored.

Adams