Acoustic Research Demonstration Record

KlausDK

I recently came across an old vinyl AR Demonstration Record from the Spanish record label Ensayo published in 1973. It says "Volume 1: The sound of Musical Instruments", which leads me to beleive that there might have been more volumes?.

It contains various very demanding and well recorded music-pieces and it is in a remarcably good condition for such an old record. Does anybody know about the history and if there were indeed more records published. Living in Europe, and thereby in the outskirts of AR-land, we might not have seen everything over here.

And by the way, where did I have such an immense luck to come across such a fine piece of vinyl? In my own collection of records stoved away in boxes for quite some years now. I had forgotten all about.

Best Regards

Klaus

post-101646-0-48207600-1329717723_thumb.

Hi Vern

I do not have a quality soundcard in my computer for doing the A/D conversion, but I do have a decent Sony MiniDisk player/recorder. I I would be happy to make a copy or two (just in case) and mail it to you (along with a copy of the TOC), if you could convert that to a CD?

Just drop me your address on a mail.

Best Regards Klaus

I live in Spain and I hadn't any idea about this record. FYI, Ensayo is a Spanish record's label founded by Mr. Antonio Armet, a very enthusiastic bussinesman who, for a time, distributed Acoustic Research in Spain, and by the way very succesfully. The name of the Company was Llorac Audio and was based in Barcelona. Through his asociated in Madrid Algueró-Audio, I purchased my first AR's, a pair of the AR 4x.

The label Ensayo was the fruit of the enthusiam of a man, Mr. Armet, with any previous profesional ties with the music. The catallogue was short though very interesting and recently transfered to CD format. here you are an address for ordering: http://mante.rba.es/musica/ang/1.jsp . Unfortunatelly, the demo AR disc ( s ) has not been transfered to CD. In any case, I'll try to get more information.

José

Madrd, Spain

Hi José

Thank you very much for the information about Ensayo recordings being available on CD's. I have always had high regards for the good quality of the Ensayo record label and have several classical recordings on vinyl form Ensayo.

Best Regards

Klaus

Archived