Looking for a place to buy new capacitors for some Model Fives.

MOEB74

I would usually go to Parts express, but I think when I last checked a few days ago 1 or 2 of the values were out of stock from the Dayton line. Is there another website that carries the Dayton 5% grade caps other than PE.com? Thanks!

Edited: Its the 16uF capacitor that I cannot find in Dayton. I found it in the Solen brand, would it be acceptable to mix and match manufactures? Or should I get a 15uf 1% Dayton instead? I planned on going with 5% Daytons... I doubt mixing 1% and 5% Daytons would pose any difference other than accuracy of uF rating ( no perceived sound difference )

On 7/18/2022 at 7:09 AM, MOEB74 said:

I found it in the Solen brand, would it be acceptable to mix and match manufactures? Or should I get a 15uf 1% Dayton instead? I planned on going with 5% Daytons... I doubt mixing 1% and 5% Daytons would pose any difference other than accuracy of uF rating ( no perceived sound difference )

There is absolutely no problem with mixing those manufacturers and tolerances, and as Kent mentioned, you can always parallel capacitors to make the desired value.

You could also use non-polar electrolytic (NPE) caps for the larger values. It is isn't easy to fit larger caps on the KLH 5 crossover board.

Roy