Ar9LSI tweeter/midrange plate replacement

Guest Melchizadek

Guest Melchizadek

Hello. Well, I've apparently blown a tweeter in one of my LSI's. I've been searching frantlicly for a replacement. Any suggestions? Layne Audio has apparently gone out of biz.

>Hello. Well, I've apparently blown a tweeter in one of my

>LSI's. I've been searching frantlicly for a replacement. Any

>suggestions? Layne Audio has apparently gone out of biz.

first check it with a ohm meter. I just rebuilt my 9ls they had no tweeter output but the caps were bad replaced them and they sound great. other then that. I just picked up a back up on ebay new. It cost me 108.00. other option is to find some 78ls cheap. but the only place I have found them is on ebay I did pick up some 78ls from

http://www.audioclassics.com/indexb.php3.

They might be worth contacting.

Jim

good luck

This may sound like a silly question but have you unscrewed the DD unit and lifted it out to see that the wires are all still connected? The reason I ask is because I had the same thing happen on one of my AR-98ls loudspeaker. I thought I had lost the 3/4 inch dome: there was no sound. I was a little downcast over this as I was aware that it would be very difficult to get a replacement. After a few days, however, I took the DD unit out and much to my surprise, one of the wires had fallen off. The clip had apparently weakened, or was never that tight to begin with. After putting a new clip on everything was alright again.

Rob Keir

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Melchizadek

Thanks Rob. I did check and it is connected. I'm bummed out. I'm in the process of emailing every stereo shop I can find on the net.

Guest David in MA

>Thanks Rob. I did check and it is connected. I'm bummed

>out. I'm in the process of emailing every stereo shop I can

>find on the net.

Speak w/ Larry - he goes by ebay user ID vintage-ar. I bought my AR-9 upper mid range driver replacement from him and he was very nice to work w/.

>Thanks Rob. I did check and it is connected. I'm bummed

>out. I'm in the process of emailing every stereo shop I can

>find on the net.

Hi there;

Did you try a parallel connection, with a single driver of any kind, for example, just a portable radio driver, just to see if there is any signal at all.

This will at least confirm whether the driver is or isn't dead.

• 7 months later...

Archived